Wednesday, January 25, 2012

And That's Why I Love You

Seeing you drunk in the pale moon light
Touching your skin, tasting your lips
I get drunk off the glass you tipped
And we both know this isn't right
But neither of us put up a fight
And that's why I love you

The more you drink, the less you wear
My eyes don't believe what they see
Here you are, so close to me
It's a sight I can hardly bear
To see you drunk standing there
And that's why I love you

I love your drunken beauty
I love your sober symphonies
I love the way you have no rhythm at all
I love your complications
I love your broken heart
Most assuredly, I love the way you fall

You dance drunk in the bright moon light
Holding tight to the things you can't let go
I try to steal you away, but you said no
For once in your life you put up a fight
Told me this situation wasn't right
And that's why I love you

Take me home
I'll take you home tonight
And we'll kiss in the shadowy moonlight
When a no becomes a yes
That's when you love me the best
As whatever happens you love me best
And that's why I love you

No comments:

Post a Comment