Sunday, February 3, 2013

History Repeating

When I see all these Britney candid photos a short while after she ended a long-term relationship, I can't help but think how familiar this looks. Have I been here before? Yes, I have.
When Britney divorced Kevin she was out and about almost every day. Shopping, skating, you name it, Britney seemed to seek the attention. It felt like she was telling everyone, "Look at me, I'm totally fine."
Now, Britney just ended her engagement to Jason. Suddenly, Britney seems to be out every day. Shopping, going to the gym or the dance studio, you name it, Britney again seems to be courting attention. It's interesting how after ending two long relationships, Britney's no longer camera shy. When she was deep into her relationship with both Kevin and Jason, you could go weeks without ever seeing a Britney photo.
I'm not suggesting Britney is an attention whore or that she's going to have another breakdown. I just find it interesting that she puts herself out there once she's single. Clearly, Britney knows how to avoid the paparazzi. Perhaps these times after a breakup, her team suggests she get photographed to show she's not devastated, sitting at home crying. Unfortunately, the plan backfired six years ago, because the paparazzi caught way too much (Britney partying, shaving her head, flashing her vagina, etc.).
This time, so far at least, she's done nothing worse than leave the house without her bra on. Of course, everything looked fine last time, too, until everything when to hell.
I don't know if Britney minds the paparazzi at this point in her career or if she hates them. I guess they're not that bad until those pictures wind up on the front page of a magazine with an unflattering headline ("Britney's Out of Control," "Britney Hates Her Children," "Britney Caught Cheating").
While I doubt we'll see a repeat of 2007, it's interesting how Britney is suddenly visible again now that she broke up with Jason. Unless this is her way of saying, "Hey, boys, I'm single and ready. Come and get me."
Hmm, probably not (though, she has been looking exceptionally fine recently with the church outfit the big winner).

No comments:

Post a Comment